powered by AFI
- Dolby Digital/DTS/SDDS
- Feature film based on The Transformers toy line introduced in the United States by Hasbro in 1984. An animated television series soon followed (1984-1987), and an animated feature "The Transformers: The Movie" (USA/1986) was released by Marvel and Hasbro.
- Hasbro will work with the production team on all aspects of the film's creative development, marketing and merchandising.
- Released in USA July 3, 2007.
- Nominated for three 2007 Academy Awards including Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Visual Effects.
- Previous directors mentioned include Roland Emmerich and Jonathan Mostow.
- Released in USA on video/DVD October 16, 2007.
- rtg MPAA PG-13: intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, brief humor, and language.
- Shown at the Los Angeles Film Festival June 21-July 1, 2007.
- Takara, the Japanese company that manufactured the toys upon which Transformers were based, will also be involved in development.
- Winner of four 2007 awards including Outstanding Visual Effects in a Visual Effects Driven Motion Picture, Best Single Visual Effect of the Year, Outstanding Models and Miniatures in a Motion Picture and Outstanding Compositing in a Motion Picture by the Visual Effects Society (VES).